Skip to main content

The 33the Letter: How The Situation Which I've Had?


I spend my quarantine about almost 37 days because the second wave Covid-19 is getting worse and always make a record highest positive daily cases in my state, Yogyakarta.  So, I feel so really bored and lonely. But, I'm happy today as far.  I always try to survive through this hard time ever I've had. I'm unemployed, despite I'm a college student. So, I really need a part-time job and money for life. But, I have no job opportunities for Deaf people. Indonesia isn't friendly for Deaf people, you know? Yeah, this is it.

I am still considering to compete and try to applying the international program (like exhange student program), but I don't trust at it, because it would be need a money. I have no money right now. So, yeah, I'm confused how should I do to survive my life by alone. I have my friends, actually, but they don't right here with me again. They are at their home. So, I think God is just right here with me all day. God is exists everywhere I go and live. I rely on God in my life. One thing could I hope is I and my parents will alive through the tough pandemics still going on. I don't know when the pandemic will passes away as quick as soon, although we took vaccinate. God is only knows the answer. God is the answer that I believed.

Alright, I spend my quarantine to watching basketball games (NBA, WNBA, NCAA, and international basketball competitions), movie/ drama serial, writing, reading e-book/book/the news/ articles, playing my cellphone, favorite videos on Youtube, rarely watch American football (NFL and college football), and sleepy.  I'd love to cooking the food, but I have no everything that I needed (I just cook noodles, fish sardines, rice, and cereal). I sometime go shopping in the market or a small mall. I would love to riding on a motorcycle, but I can't go, because some roads are closed by cops during the lockdown. But, I also can out there to buy food and drink, I sometime will buy American foods.

You need to know which things I missed? I will tell you:
1. Basketball. I've practiced basketball three times in a month (June), but it was closed on June 21th, because of the lockdown rules. So, I want more playing basketball as can as possibility, because basketball is my love sport. Ball tries to crash over on me and I try to making a two and three point to winning the game we played. I can't stop to playing basketball and I want to playing basketball for everyday.
2. My parents, Sure, I miss them, but I have three projects (society service program, internship, and thesis) should finished at final semester, so, I don't return home and focus to finish all my three projects. So, I hope I will graduate next year, then make a planning (absolutely, I will struggling for my dream). 
3. In person meetings and events. I'd love to meet with many people and attend the events in person. You know, I love the social field, so, I love to meet many great people. I love to hug and laugh lots, then I will share about the topics that I wanted to speak.

So, I miss three things during the lockdown, I just imaging out if something would come true and make we all freedom mask-less and meet many people that I missed. if you want it. you have to alive and stay at home to save the people you loved and the frontliners.

Then, which things I love the lockdown? I will tell you:
1. Spend time to relaxation or mediation. You know I'm not a perfect human and I have many mistake ever I made. So, I want to fix myself at all as I can as possibility. I want to be a nice people and to be loved by many people that I met. That's really crucial purpose should I get.
2. Watch basketball videos. As usual, I love basketball, so, I would love to watch basketball between men's and women's teams and leagues. 
3. Watch drama serial and movie. I'm huge fan of American movies and drama serials, so, I can watch 4-5 movies and 3-4 episodes in a day. I love how wonderful the states in America, like California, Arizona, Texas, Oregon, Oklahoma, Wisconsin, and other 44 states in America and I also love the cities in America, like Los Angeles, San Francisco, Clovis, Poway, San Diego, and many cities in America.
4. Learn English and the United States history. As usual, I have my dream, so that why I should learn English as well. English is my third of fourth languages. I know two languages (BISINDO/ Indonesian sign language) and Indonesian), So, I learn two more languages (ASL/ American sign language and English). You know America has long-human rights and freedom history. I watched some movies about the United States history. I love how did American people always have fought for the freedom and rights to where live in, what pick up, what speak, and what believe. I won't forget the U.S history.
5. Chatting with my foreign friends or native English speaker friends. I will bored to chatting in Indonesian, because I know lots. So, I'd love to chatting with them in English. I want to training and speaking in English as lots as possibility. I think I need to learn hard. My English isn't perfect, so, I need to improving my English skill.

Five things benefit to me at all it during the lockdown. I feel better than before. I just need more time should I take it. 

Back to my topic, I want to finish three projects, that is it and nothing something else. I might I will watch the Olympics and the NFL season if I'm free. I hope I will be healthy.

Thanks, everyone!  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Apakah Anda Sungguh Berpikir Bahwa Orang Tuli Tidak Bisa Belajar Bahasa Inggris? (Terjemahan Bahasa Indonesia)

Sumber:https://www.fitriananda.com/2020/08/ayo-belajar-bahasa-inggris-seru-loh_19.html  Sebagai orang Indonesia yang terlahir sebagai orang Tuli tidak akan pernah mudah. Ada banyak stereotipe tentang orang Tuli, seperti bodoh, bahasa isyarat adalah bahasa Tarzan, tidak ada masa depan, bisu, tidak sempurna, berdosa, dll. Dan juga, banyak orang dengar berpikir bahwa bahasa isyarat tidak dapat membantu orang Tuli untuk belajar untuk menulis dan berbicara. Sebaliknya, membaca bibir yang diyakini banyak orang dengar dapat membantu orang Tuli untuk menyesuaikan kehidupan masyarakat dengar secara standar. Seperti halnya Alexander Graham Bell adalah pendiri telepon, saya tidak yakin karena sejauh ini saya tahu bahwa dia mencuri telepon yang diklaimnya. Dia membenci bahasa isyarat karena menurutnya bahasa isyarat tidak dapat membantu orang Tuli untuk menulis bahasa Inggris dengan baik. Saya akan menjelaskan sejarah singkat Tuli tentang apa yang terjadi warisannya yang mengerikan untuk gener...

The Ninth Letter: A Deaf Education in Indonesia

On May 2, 2020, we were celebrated Education Day in Indonesia. What is the background? Yeah, Ki Hadjar Dewantoro who an Indonesian hero in the education field. He was born in Yogyakarta on May 2, 1889. He also died in Yogyakarta on April 26, 1959. He was the originator of Indonesian education through Taman Siswa (Students Park) in Yogyakarta. He has also created three things which are an important motto, part is: 1. Ing Ngarsa Sung Tulada 2. Ing Madya Mangun Karsa 3. Tut Wuri Handayani If you need more information about three motto, you can click:  1.  https://bobo.grid.id/read/081713504/3-semboyan-dunia-pendidikan-dari-ki-hajar-dewantara-apa-maknanya-ya?page=all  (Indonesian language) 2.  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ki_Hajar_Dewantara  (English language)  I always reading and give respect to him. He was an Indonesian hero for everyone. I was proud of him. He had fought for Indonesian education until died. So, I must thank to ...

Gloss, A Forgotten Learning Foreign Language and Translate

I was testing a student who stood up to share her short story in signs in our class. She was so good at signing despite sign language being the third language that she is learning and isn't a native speaker. She was confused about gloss or glosa in Indonesian. That's the thing that is most often forgotten when learning and translating a foreign language. Foreign language teachers almost never teach about gloss to students and yeah, I am sure some do and some do not.  The Gloss (Gr) means when a word is attached to a sign in simple terms. It refers to the way that ASL (American Sign Language) names signs in order to give a sense of the meanings behind them. A word or word that represents that sign does not signify its meaning in any way (source: What Are Glosses in Sign Language/  https://www.ilovelanguages.com/what-are-glosses-in-sign-language ). A gloss happens because it causes when a student who learns a second language but their mind that used to be a native language as bo...