Skip to main content

The 25th Letter: A Reflection in Two Weeks in Jogja



I came up in a new boarding house (kost in Indonesian) on January 8th, 2021, I got sick headache and took a rest for two days. After that, I was going to spa and message clinic. I liked this place. I felt fully health after that.  After 10 months spending in my prison (my home, I mean, but I felt it was like a prison due to Covid-19). I felt back to re-fix my body again. I though it was should to be adapted before I will be head to be an usual again.

During a week ago, I went to some favorite places in Jogja and met many friends has not seen for a long time. I also back to taught in a new classroom with offline system and the strict of protocols. And now, I'm in Marko Milk. That is one of my favorite cafes ever I've visited in my life. And even, I always visit to here so more often. But, yeah, I love my parent at fully. I still remember that how did we make a decision to back home to Jogja. I exactly made a decision myself, actually. But my mom seems that didn't ready for me. Yeah, I understood at fully about that. I love my mom but I felt I have to do for myself.  I want to be alone and should take recovery my body, my mental, and my pshychology  But, I was happy with my mom. She is a women strongest ever I've seen. I love my mom.

And now, I am happy to enjoy and live in a new place and Jogja. From morning until night, I was surrounding in Jogja. Jogja memang istimewa or Jogja is special. That is a slogan I often seen. It is a place never forgotten. 

Although Jogja still has a high Covid-19 number, I feeling should to take responsibility to take a care myself.  I'm afraid of these place and the people. So, I rather to living in my boarding house than go outside, except if I have a business should finished. I always follow the protocols as how I made promise for myself and my family.  I will always pick a quite place up and yeah, sometimes, I will go to my friend's home. So, I hope I will be safe and to be okay. 

Next months, I will move again to old place in Maguwoharjo, but I don't know what will happen, Yeah, we will see how its happen. As exactly, I will live in Jogja until the end of semester in June. I hope I will continue as how I made promise and wanted that. It will be challenge for me about how do I will survive in Jogja in the middle of pandemic. I have submitted my decision to God. I don't know what will happen but I will ready for the possibilities will happens. I just want to enjoy and live in Jogja. I hope Jogja people will respect the protocols and help the struggle of medical team workers has been working in the hospital for months. I will be praying for all patients and the victim died due to Covid-19. We all hope that the vaccines will be ends the pandemic and bring out to back to normal activity like before the pandemic spreads over the world. 

May God bless you and international people over the world!.

Stay safe, everyone!

Thank you, everyone!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Apakah Anda Sungguh Berpikir Bahwa Orang Tuli Tidak Bisa Belajar Bahasa Inggris? (Terjemahan Bahasa Indonesia)

Sumber:https://www.fitriananda.com/2020/08/ayo-belajar-bahasa-inggris-seru-loh_19.html  Sebagai orang Indonesia yang terlahir sebagai orang Tuli tidak akan pernah mudah. Ada banyak stereotipe tentang orang Tuli, seperti bodoh, bahasa isyarat adalah bahasa Tarzan, tidak ada masa depan, bisu, tidak sempurna, berdosa, dll. Dan juga, banyak orang dengar berpikir bahwa bahasa isyarat tidak dapat membantu orang Tuli untuk belajar untuk menulis dan berbicara. Sebaliknya, membaca bibir yang diyakini banyak orang dengar dapat membantu orang Tuli untuk menyesuaikan kehidupan masyarakat dengar secara standar. Seperti halnya Alexander Graham Bell adalah pendiri telepon, saya tidak yakin karena sejauh ini saya tahu bahwa dia mencuri telepon yang diklaimnya. Dia membenci bahasa isyarat karena menurutnya bahasa isyarat tidak dapat membantu orang Tuli untuk menulis bahasa Inggris dengan baik. Saya akan menjelaskan sejarah singkat Tuli tentang apa yang terjadi warisannya yang mengerikan untuk gener...

The Ninth Letter: A Deaf Education in Indonesia

On May 2, 2020, we were celebrated Education Day in Indonesia. What is the background? Yeah, Ki Hadjar Dewantoro who an Indonesian hero in the education field. He was born in Yogyakarta on May 2, 1889. He also died in Yogyakarta on April 26, 1959. He was the originator of Indonesian education through Taman Siswa (Students Park) in Yogyakarta. He has also created three things which are an important motto, part is: 1. Ing Ngarsa Sung Tulada 2. Ing Madya Mangun Karsa 3. Tut Wuri Handayani If you need more information about three motto, you can click:  1.  https://bobo.grid.id/read/081713504/3-semboyan-dunia-pendidikan-dari-ki-hajar-dewantara-apa-maknanya-ya?page=all  (Indonesian language) 2.  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ki_Hajar_Dewantara  (English language)  I always reading and give respect to him. He was an Indonesian hero for everyone. I was proud of him. He had fought for Indonesian education until died. So, I must thank to ...

Gloss, A Forgotten Learning Foreign Language and Translate

I was testing a student who stood up to share her short story in signs in our class. She was so good at signing despite sign language being the third language that she is learning and isn't a native speaker. She was confused about gloss or glosa in Indonesian. That's the thing that is most often forgotten when learning and translating a foreign language. Foreign language teachers almost never teach about gloss to students and yeah, I am sure some do and some do not.  The Gloss (Gr) means when a word is attached to a sign in simple terms. It refers to the way that ASL (American Sign Language) names signs in order to give a sense of the meanings behind them. A word or word that represents that sign does not signify its meaning in any way (source: What Are Glosses in Sign Language/  https://www.ilovelanguages.com/what-are-glosses-in-sign-language ). A gloss happens because it causes when a student who learns a second language but their mind that used to be a native language as bo...